|Derivative of Original photo by J E Theriot use with CC.|
1. Pray. Ask God to show you how to live with less stress. Give God everything that is stressing you. Ask Him to take these burdens, guide you on how to handle them and give you His peace. Take a deep breath. Just talk to Him. You do not need a special prayer guide. Just speak to Him as If you are speaking to your friend. God is big enough for you to come with all your heart and all your raw emotions. Surrender it all to Him. He waits for you!
2. Be aware of your thoughts. Slow down for a moment. Read a devotion or an encouraging Bible verse. Think on good things. Memorize the Fruits of the Spirit. If your thoughts do not produce one of the Fruits of the Spirits then stop thinking those negative thoughts. Negative thoughts bring stress. Give it to God. Let Him comfort you.
3. Call an encouraging friend. Sometimes having a godly friend to speak to who will understand, but knows when to pull the reins in on you if you go too far off balanced in your thought process is so beneficial. Getting things off your chest in a safe place can sometimes help. We need each other. Praying for each other is so important. Seek someone who will pray with you and encourage you, but first seek God above any person. Proverbs 27:17
4. Get up and move around. Take a walk outside and breath some fresh air. Do some sort of exercise or stretching. Research says being active can help boost those feel good endorphins. Philippians 4:13
5. Listen to some music. Turn on some good Christian Praise music. I know when I'm in a mood or stressed it's amazing how music can quickly turn my feeling around. Psalm 100:1-5
Be free in Christ! Let's remember to trust God. He is the creator of this universe. He is our creator. He is big enough to handle our problems and stress. Remind yourself who He is and who you are in Him!! John 14:27
Be blessed with less stress my friends!
Faith Along the Way
Faith Along the Way