Mother's Day is soon upon us.
Are you wondering what to get your mother?
Husband's, guess what, your kids need your help to honor their mother on this special day. Show them how it's done. This is the woman who gave birth to your precious babies. Honor her.
My friends on FB and I came up with a list of what moms really want on this special day.
Here is the list in no particular order...
1. A Nap/Sleep. This was the most mentioned. Momma are you tired?
2. The house cleaned and kept clean for one whole day without mom having to do it.
3. Words of Affirmation. Do you know your mom's love language?
4. A date night with the husband only, no kids.
5. A family road trip. Woohoo! I love road trips.
6. A sincere thank you and a nice dinner that mom doesn't have to make nor clean up after.
7. A wonderful day of family time. Everyone together.
8. Relaxing cuddle time with the little ones.
9. Flowers. Oh, how I love the smell of fresh flowers. They sure do brighten up my kitchen.
10. To be remembered, appreciated and lots of hugs.
11. All laundry caught up and put away.
12. A day to do absolutely nothing.
13. To be pampered. Spa treatment.
14. To eat what she wants to eat, stay in her PJ's all day, read a book and have a guilt free lazy day.
15. Jewelry. Only one mommy asked for jewelry and it was a charm to go on her Pandora bracelet.
There you have it. Directly out of the heart of moms.
Remember your mom, not just on Mother's Day but every day.
Honor your Father and Your Mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.
Listen to your father who gave you life, and do not despise your mother when she is old. Buy truth, and do not sell it; buy wisdom, instruction, and understanding. The father of the righteous will greatly rejoice; he who fathers a wise son will be glad in him. Let your father and mother be glad; let her who bore you rejoice.
I hope you enjoyed this fun list of what real moms said they wanted for Mother's Day.
What are you getting your mom?
Do you have any to add to my list?
I pray that each mom gets the love, encouragement, appreciation, and rest that she so desperately needs.